About Me

My photo
Hanzhi is a freelance illustrator, photographer, a traveller, youngest child, has 3 sisters, enjoys making salad and doing volunteer work. She graduated from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), School of Arts, Design & Media (ADM) with a BA (Hons) degree in Photography in '11. Hanzhi is available for commissions, freelance opportunities and afternoon tea. Share her little bonuses in life, see what she has seen, feel what she has felt. :) if you like them, because she hopes that they'll bring you a :) today.

Monday, June 20, 2011

A Beautiful Day of Sha & Jim

I ♥ weddings. Maybe because this is the first time I'm covering a wedding event, maybe because I'm not a hard core wedding photographer, or maybe because it was simply a good friend's wedding, a couple I know, got more "feeeeeeel" :) or maybe, I just like the idea of "getting married" (since most people share that marriage isn't as simple as I ♥ you and you ♥ me)

Whatever maybe it may be, I enjoyed this special day of Sha & Jim. Knowing Sha (not that I've known her for many many decades to say that I know her deep down) and from every little detail that I've tried to capture, she allowed people who don't know her feel the excitement in her, see the amount of work she put in, from the "packaging" of her bridesmaid and groomsbuddies to the design of her gown (keeping it simple, is beautiful), to the design of the "tekan" session of Jim and buddies (this may be her bridesmaids efforts) to the decor of her church esp. the little chill corners with candies and chocolates. These are so Sha. :D

Not that Jim didn't do anything at all, but isn't weddings mostly about the brides???

I do not know Jim at all actually, I know him as Sha's boyfriend/husband-to-be/husband now. I know a little of his background, from Sha and from the little fun facts when their friends presented it in the church. But these do not tell me how much he loves her right? I knew how much he loves her through the "tekan" session. haha. Always the case. If you've seen the album, go back to picture 12. Lovely snacks? NAHHHHHHHH~ pretty on the outside, crazy inside. These are snacks prepared by the bridesmaids for the groom and buddies. I shan't go into details, everyone should roughly guess what's in it. :P He managed to "steal the moon" for her as well with the help of his buddies. And lastly the 12 promises he made. It was very very sweet!

I told my boyfriend about this 12 promises thingy, I was just sharing. And then he said "why only guys make promises? why only guys kena tekan?" He's not very convinced with my respond though. I told him that because girls are born to be doted. haha.

Anyways, it was an AWESOME wedding. haha.. awesome sounds so american. Their wedding speech was very touching as well. And I recalled a conversation I had with a friend, i told him, to give himself a break, take his time and she will appear, the one will appear.

hmm.. the wedding speech was nothing about "wah, she's the one or he's the one.." because a relationship wasn't anything like that. A relationship is something that needs to be built on, with constant efforts. It's about giving, and accepting, and it has to be by the 2 people. It's about the assurance, the comfort, and the reliability they give each other.


"You do not look for the one, you make him/her the one." - Sha










































































































No comments:

Post a Comment